Are you wondering what happened to 2019? Do you feel like every time you close your eyes it’s a new year in your business? Do you wish there were more hours in the day?
If you are like most people, you answered yes to at least one of those questions. While we can’t give you more hours in the day, we do have a few business productivity tips to help you tackle the new year.
We want you to be as productive as possible so let’s get to it.
5 Productivity Tips for Your Business
- Ensure right people, right positions. Make sure your team is lean. You need the right people in the right positions to operate at top efficiency. If the needs of the job have changed and the person in it is not the best suited, consider a change or additional training.
- Cut toxicity. If you have a toxic member of your team who is constantly bringing the others down, help them find their bliss by encouraging them to find a new position.
- Go where you’re needed. There are things you can delegate and outsource to others and there are activities where that’s just not possible. Make sure you understand the value of your time so you don’t waste it doing things others in the business can handle for you.
- Find your best time to work. Productivity gurus will tell you to wake up an hour early so you can get a jump on your day. But if you’re not a morning person this may be bad advice. Pay attention to your natural energy levels. Figure out when you feel most alive. Use this time for strategizing and special projects.
- Use every moment. If you thought about each moment of your day, you might be surprised to find out how much time you spend doing things that aren’t making you money, like waiting. Stop that. Instead, capitalize on those moments by ensuring you always have something to do for your business. The obvious way to use these “stolen moments” while you’re waiting is to answer emails but you can do other things too. For instance, you might be able to work on a seating chart for an event or figure out the quantity you want to order for a new item. To use these moments most effectively, you want to make sure all of your electronic devices sync with one another and that your data is largely in the cloud. That way any document you want to work on is available at all times and from any device.
Streamlining your operations is the key to becoming more productive in 2020. You have to step back and examine where your inefficiencies are. Are there problems with your team? Are you using your time wisely? Examining these questions and using these productivity tips will help you get a better grasp on the activities that will make you more successful in the new year and beyond.